Nelco Media Produces Digital Tech-Rally for TechBlock
San Antonio’s technology industry is banding together to host a virtual event aimed at addressing COVID-19’s impact on the city. This event will feature leaders in politics, technology, and medicine as they weigh in and share their expertise. Streamed live on TechBloc’s YouTube and Facebook, this “SA Tech Comes Together: Digital Campfire Meetup” virtual event hopes to provide a unified voice of reason and hope amid the rumors and fear.
From the beginning, Nelco Media has been involved in designing and implementing the back-end video infrastructure needed to produce the event. By utilizing its A/V experience creating high-end broadcasting systems for clients like the NBA and NFL, Nelco Media was able to create an effective workflow for TechBloc’s stream. This REMI workflow brings in live camera feeds from the talents’ homes to the Nelco Media’s control room, all while maintaining the professional look viewers expect. Nelco Media chose to utilize the exact same technology it sells to its clients daily. The system is centered around a TriCaster TC1 and NewTek TalkShow VS-4000.
For many small businesses and startups, the virtual event will provide crucial information about government assistance programs, how the City plans to respond to COVID economically, and what other businesses are doing to be successful. The goal for the stream is to bring San Antonio’s technology industry together and provide the information needed to continue its strong trajectory of growth.
Check the link below to watch the live stream on Tuesday 4/21/2020 at 4:00 PM!
• Mayor Ron Nirenberg: An Update and Message to the SA Tech Industry
• Rackspace Co-Founder Dirk Elmendorf: Industry Greeting and Solidarity
• Crystal Darby, UTSA Small Business Development Center: SBA/Federal Assistance Information
• Dax Moreno, Chief Talent Officer for Tech Bloc: Upskilling and Employment Resources
• Lorenzo Gomez, Chairman of 80/20 Foundation and Geekdom: Ideas for Mental Health During Social Distancing
• Jag Bath, Chief Digital Officer for H-E-B / CEO of Favor: Digital Retail Innovation During a Crisis
• Dr. Pedro Martinez, Superintendent, SAISD: Meeting New Remote Learning Demands
Amanda Keammerer, CyberSecurity San Antonio/SACC: Escalating Threats and the Increasing Importance of SA’s Cyber Security Industry
• Canopener Labs Co-Founder Dale Bracey: A Tech Makerspace to the Rescue
• Dr. Larry Schlesinger, President of Texas Biomedical Research: SA’s Critical Role in Covid-19 Vaccine Development and Testing
• Jenna Saucedo-Herrera, President of the San Antonio Economic Development Foundation: The Pandemic’s Impact on Local Economic Development Strategy for 2020-2021